Rule Changes per Board of Directors on 6.15.2020
Rule Changes passed by the APBA Board of Directors during the 6/15/2020 meeting are available below:
1. General Safety Rules page 5, Rule 18
Local race committees shall not establish a ground rule which employs a person in the water or a person in a stopped boat as a course marker.
2. General Safety Rules page 6, Rule 28 - NEW
No crew member may be on a boat while it is in the water under power unless an emergency requires assistance. Failure to comply with this rule will result with the driver earning two yellow cards.
3. General Safety Rules page 6, Rule 29 – NEW
A sharp point on the lowest leading edge of outboard hydro’s and runabouts is not permitted. The minimum radius shall be .50 in. The angle of the fin should also be taken into account.
The efficiency of the cut resistant material is a function of the velocity, mass, and area shape of the penetrating object. An accident during the 2019 season indicated that the sharp point on a turning fin could apply extreme pressure to the material. The rounding of the leading edge, even though sharpened, lessens the chance of penetration. This radius is just slightly larger than the radius of a quarter, which makes for a simple gauge.
4. General Racing Rules page 7, Rule 1.A.3.a
Details of any accidents; incident report(s), a copy which will be forwarded to the specific category chairman and the Insurance Committee by headquarters.
5. Offshore Racing Rules page 41, Section II Rule 1.I.26
Canopy and escape hatch handles, inside and out, must be painted fluorescent orange or be painted a contrasting yellow and have a fluorescent orange background panel to identify them. Directional arrows, of fluorescent orange or a contrasting yellow, of a minimum ¾ in. stroke and minimum 4 in. in length, must indicate the method and direction to open.
- Rule Changes per Board of Directors on 6.15.2020
- Board of Directors Meeting 6-15-20
- Modified Outboard Racing Commission Meeting Minutes 6-22-20
- Race in Peace, Jeff Williams
- A Light at the End of the Tunnel
- APBA National Championships and Where They Stand
- Inboard Racing Commission Makes Two Big Decisions This Week
- 2020 OPC Rulebook
- APBA Moving Forward
- Stock Outboard Racing Commission Passes New Pistons
- 2020 Offshore Racing Rules
- GT-1 Ballot Results - OPC
- Board of Directors Meeting 4.10.20
- March 31 Update from President Fairchild
- 2020 HYDROFEST CANCELLED FOR SUMMER, PLANS UNDERWAY FOR 2021