MOD Rule Change - Ballot Results 2.0
The following vote took place last week pursuant to Rule 23 Modified Rule Change Procedure. This rule states that voters must be racing members two weeks prior to the ballot going out AND a Driver must score points in at least two races in a class to be eligible to vote in that class.
Add a new rule 25.i to the list of PERMISSIBLE MODIFICATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS that appears at the beginning of the Modified Outboard Technique Manual.
Proposed 25.i) With the exception of Mercury engines running in the 250cc modified classes, aftermarket float bowl covers are allowed on Mercury carburetors provided that the carburetor body is not altered to accommodate the float bowl cover.
Note: The 250cc classes are excluded from this ballot because there are Mercury engines in the 250cc classes that are required to run in stock form.
Rationale: To clarify the use to aftermarket float bowl covers.
YEA - add the proposed rule 90.28%
NAY - no new rule 9.72%
The 2020 Modified Tech Manual can be found here:
- Rule Changes per Board of Directors on 6.15.2020
- Board of Directors Meeting 6-15-20
- Modified Outboard Racing Commission Meeting Minutes 6-22-20
- Race in Peace, Jeff Williams
- A Light at the End of the Tunnel
- APBA National Championships and Where They Stand
- Inboard Racing Commission Makes Two Big Decisions This Week
- 2020 OPC Rulebook
- APBA Moving Forward
- Stock Outboard Racing Commission Passes New Pistons
- 2020 Offshore Racing Rules
- GT-1 Ballot Results - OPC
- Board of Directors Meeting 4.10.20
- March 31 Update from President Fairchild
- 2020 HYDROFEST CANCELLED FOR SUMMER, PLANS UNDERWAY FOR 2021