Eden Deware Has Breakout Weekend in Standish Maine
Standish, ME -- Coming off a Labor Day win at Lock Haven PA, Team BUBBA burger driver and Easton MA Middle School eighth grader, Eden Deware, had her best weekend of racing in her three-year career with multiple BUBBA burger Junior Series wins in the Junior Hydroplane and AX Hydroplane classes in the Fall Maine Classic in Standish, ME.
On Saturday, Deware battled wind and the normally rough Standish water along with the current series points leader and defending champion, David Woodle of Groton, MA for the win. Quinn Roberts of NH earned a well-deserved spot on the podium in third place. In the AX Hydroplane class Woodle continued his dominance with a hard-fought win holding off Deware who shadowed Woodle the entire event but could not get around the veteran Junior driver. Jack Lyons of NH raced to a third place and the final podium position.
On Sunday, it was more of the same between Deware and Woodle with Deware once again out dueling the series champion for her weekend sweep of the BUBBA burger Junior class. Eli Campbell out raced the remainder of the field for third. In the AX Class, Deware took advantage of both David Woodle and Eli Campbell "jumping the gun" on the start of heat one and cruised to her first career AX victory. The resulting penalties moved Jack Lyons into a second place with Woodle holding on for the final podium position.
With three races to go Woodle still maintains a commanding lead in the BUBBA burger Junior Series, Junior Hydroplane class, but with the Standish wins Deware has moved into second place in the standings with Campbell in third and Roberts fourth. In the AX Class Woodle again has the lead followed by Jack Lyons with Deware moving into the third position and Campbell in fourth.
The next event on the 2017 BUBBA burger New England Junior Hydroplane Championship Series will be the Annual Kingston Fall Classic in Kingston, NH.
The BUBBA burger New England Junior Hydroplane Championship Series is a New England race series hosted by the South Shore Outboard Association (www.southshoreoutboard.com) and sanctioned by the American Power Boat Association. Since its inception in 1953, the SSOA has produced over 1000 race events throughout New England. Additionally, SSOA drivers have won over 100 National, North American and World Championships and in 2015 will have several current or past National Championship drivers counted among its rolls and competing in the New England events.
BUBBA burger, made from the highest quality ingredients. BUBBA burger is America's #1 branded burgers found in the freezer section of your favorite grocery stores throughout the US. (www.bubbafoods.com)
- Results from Kitanning Pennsylvania August 18-19
- Board and Council Election Ballot
- 2020 Stock, Modified and Junior Nationals - Springfield, OH
- Top O' Michigan Marathon Nationals 2019
- BoD Write-In Campaign - John Runne
- Race at the Ridge in Pleasant Ridge, Maine
- J. Michael Kelly awarded win at HomeStreet Bank Cup
- Kelly, Shane win preliminary heats at Seafair
- HomeStreet Bank Cup - high speed racing at Seattle Seafair
- 2019 SO and J Nationals unofficial results
- J. Michael Kelly scores first season win in the U-12
- Inboard Eastern Divisionals coming July 27 and 28
- COA Thompson, CT regatta results
- Black Lake Results July 6-7
- Jimmy Shane sweeps weekend, brings home 112th Gold Cup Trophy