Weekend Schedule:

No Events Scheduled
mobile menu

APBA COVID-19 Updates

By: Becky Nichols | APBA Director of Operations | Mar 18, 2020

Photo: APBA HQ

APBA Update

The American Power Boat Association is devastated by all of the cancellations taking place. To all of our members, fans, and supporters we would like to say thank you. Thank you for sticking by us and waiting this out. We know this is a very discouraging, disappointing time. Racing is our lives and something we look forward to all year long. We understand that it is possible we could be overacting to the situation, but we would much rather overreact and be safe than under-react and regret it.

Anyone that is concerned about their capsule training certification, please be aware that those are valid for the season in which you were certified AND the following season. This means that if you completed the training in 2019, you were certified for all of 2019 and through October 31, 2020.

**Capsule trainings completed in 2018, would have expired on October 31, 2019. If this applies to you, please email apbahq@apba.org for evaluation.**

Scheduled Race Updates:

as of March 18, 2020, at 11:00am

March 28/29 - Gulfport, FL: CANCELED

March 28/29 - Oroville, CA: CANCELED

April 3/4/5 - Jesup, GA: CANCELED

April 4 - Kenmore, WA: CANCELED

April 4/5 - Buckeye, AZ: RESCHEDULED - New Date is May 9/10

April 5 - Highlands, TX: CANCELED

April 18/19 - Moses Lake, WA: CANCELED

April 25/26 - Yelm, WA: CANCELED

April 25/26 - Millville, NJ: CANCELED

May 2/3 - Castle Rock, WA: CANCELED

May 2/3 - Lake Chelan, WA: CANCELED

May 15-24 – St Maries, ID World Championships: CANCELED

May 16/17 - Bremerton, WA (Kitsap): CANCELED

Region Announcements:

Any more news regarding cell testing will be communicated as available.

March 24 March General Meeting

April 3 Hydro Happy Hour – 192 Brewery

April 11 April General Meeting & AIM Seminar at HARM

While this was a difficult decision to make, we believe this is the right decision based on everything that has been recommended on social distancing and reducing gatherings of people. Our race directors have put a lot of time and effort into these events, and we appreciate the dedication.

SOA will continue to monitor the situation closely, listen to the experts, and be transparent as to when we will be able to start racing.