I-75 North to Exit 310 West through light to Witt - Right to Mack- Left to Pit area. Pits are located at the Devoe Public Beach.
Call the Indian River Chamber of Commerce 231-238-9325
NOT approved for Records. Modified LeMans start is used. Please note course/day change as listed:
Approx. 43 miles -- LeMans start at pits in Burt Lake, running into Burt Lake 1 mile to turn buoy, and returning to the mouth of Indian River. Race runs entire length of the Indian River, across Mullett Lake, and up the full length of the Cheboygan River to turnaround in at the Cheboygan locks, returns over the same course to finish line at the pit area.
Approx. 42 Miles -- LeMans start at the pits on Burt Lake, running across Burt Lake, through Crooked River and across Crooked Lake, back through Crooked River, across Burt Lake, through the Indian River to turnaround in Mullett Lake, returning through Indian River to finish line at the pits.
Minimum of $1,500 cash pro-rated on number of entries.
National trophies 5 places in classes of 8 or more boat entries.
Medallions to all who finish both days and don't place in top 5.
* Awards Banquet will be held at `The In Between` on Indian River on Sunday following race completion and
Friday, Aug. 17 - 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. - at the Breakers Resturant. Registration and Drivers' Party at 6:00 pm. Registration also Saturday morning - in the pits - 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
Saturday, Aug. 18 & Sunday, Aug. 19 - in Pits - 10:00 a.m.
$90 one rate - includes both days of racing the 90 mile inland waterway.
Do NOT send entries.
Race Director (53194) THOMAS N FAIRBAIRN, 2970 S US HIGHWAY 31 N, ALANSON, MI
Referee (1276) DON HAGERL, 4374 W BURT LAKE RD, BRUTUS, MI
Assistant Referee (52549) ADAM ALLEN, 850 N JUNIATA ST, HAVRE DE GRACE, MD
Inspector (3630) NATHANIEL FIELD, 20500 CLEMENT RD, NORTHVILLE, MI
Scorer (53415) MARY ELLEN HAGERL, 4374 W BURT LAKE RD, BRUTUS, MI
Risk Manager (8281) KEN HONEYSETTE, 7954 BARNEY RD, ALANSON, MI
- Motorhomes NOT ALLOWED in the Parking Area.
- NO dogs allowed.
- Start times, course rules, etc. are subject to last minute change by Race Commmittee, if weather or other factors affect the course.
- Race Committee reserves the right to deny race participants to rookie racers with less than 2 races of previous experience.
- First Time participants at TOP O' Michigan may be required to demonstrate their driving ability to Race Committee and may be held
3 seconds at start of each Race.
- Local race rules prevail as announced at Drivers' Meeting.
This Regatta is sanctioned through APBA
All prizes are the responsibility of the conducting Club. APBA does not guarantee nor is it responsible for payment of prizes. You are advised that this event may be canceled prior to the race due to circumstances beyond the control of this association. If you plan to travel a long distance, it is recommended that you contact the race sponsor prior to your departure to ensure this event will take place.