Wilson 2018 Buckhorn Reservoir Regatta- J and Mod SE Divisionals
10/20/2018 – 10/21/2018
CAROLINA VIRGINIA RACING ASSOCIATION # 178
Wilson, NC Buckhorn Lake
From I-95 - take Exit 116, go West on Highway 42, turn Right on Rock Ridge School Rd, go approx. 4 miles crossing Highway 581 (at Wilkerson Crossroads), turn Left into the pits at the Buckhorn Lake sign.
HOTELS - Jameson Inn (Exit 121 off I-95), 5016 Hayes Place, Wilson, NC 27896, Phone 252-234-7172
Microtel Inn, 5013 Hayes Place, Phone 252-234-0444.
There are also many other hotels in Wilson, NC.
CAMPING - Rock Ridge Campground (Exit 116 off I-95, 2 miles from pits) 7030 Rock Ridge School Road, Sims, NC.
Phone 252-291-4477- call between hours of 2 p.m. and 9 p.m. Full Hookups, Pull through with 30 amp Water and Electric. Tent camping also available (4 to a tent) w/full Bathhouse and Laundry.
3 laps, approx. 1 mile each lap, distance 3 miles. NOT approved for records.
N.A. Championships: 750MR, 850MR Divisional Championships: J and Mod SE Divisionals
Friday afternoon in pits
Saturday morning in pits- 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.
Saturday night in pits- upon completion of Saturdays racing.
Saturday- in pits - 9:30 a.m.
NOTE: Drivers meeting for Sunday racing will be held in the pits on Saturday night upon completion of Saturdays racing.
$35 per class/per day
Pre-registration available by E-MAIL to Aimie Pond at email@example.com by Weds. October 17, 2018.
By MAIL Aimie Pond, 4701 Old Hundred Rd, Midlothian, VA 23112-4819, must be received by Weds. September 19, 2018.
Race Director (8310) ABBY POND, 5217 BASSETT AVE, RICHMOND, VA
Referee (1863) JOHN RUNNE, 110 SPRING WATER CT, NEW BERN, NC
Assistant Referee (3943) CHARLES GONYEA, 3465 TIMBER RIDGE LAKE ROAD, LIBERTY, NC
Inspector (76581) KURT ROMBERG, 11392 CEDARVALE FARM PKWY, MIDLAND, NC
Scorer (12956) AIMIE POND, 4701 OLD HUNDRED RD, MIDLOTHIAN, VA
Scorer (72090) JOYCE GOLLEY, 106 ALBERTA DR, NEWPORT NEWS, VA
Risk Manager (3303) KELLY ALLEN, 850 N JUNIATA ST, HAVRE DE GRACE, MD
*ABSOLUTELY NO BOATS IN WATER WITHOUT SIGNING WAIVER AND RECEIVING WRISTBAND. FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FOR THE WEEKEND.
* Sanctioned testing on Friday 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. $20 per driver. Drivers must register for sanctioned testing by paying $20 fee, signing the waiver, and wearing a wristband.
* Stock classes - does not include 45SS and Classic Division, will not run 45SS and Classic Division.
* Classes without enough entries will be combined, cancelled, or run one heat.
* J and Mod Divisionals to be held on Saturday, with Sunday as a blow out day
* Food concessions during the day. Dinner in pits on Saturday night.
* Special Event to be held on Saturday and/or Sunday should time permit
* The Race Committee may move forward with Sundays race schedule of Saturdays racing finishes early.
This Regatta is sanctioned through APBA
All prizes are the responsibility of the conducting Club. APBA does not guarantee nor is it responsible for payment of prizes. You are advised that this event may be canceled prior to the race due to circumstances beyond the control of this association. If you plan to travel a long distance, it is recommended that you contact the race sponsor prior to your departure to ensure this event will take place.