On Friday morning, Sept. 21, the APBA held its Annual Meeting in Eastpointe, Mich., to announce the winners of the 2012 elections. This year we received 1719 votes divided between six candidates and 29 write-ins. Below are the Annual Meeting minutes.
American Power Boat Association
Annual Meeting – Election Purposes
September 21st 2012
1. Called to order by President Wheeler at 9:01 am
2. Attendees: R. Berlin, S. Haudek, L. Likert, D. Wiener, and M. Wheeler
3. Ballot Results presented from LGK and Associates – Independent accounting firm
a. Ballot Nominees
i. Mark Wheeler 365
ii. Dan Kanfoush 290
iii. R. Steven Hearn 276
iv. David Shaw 261
v. Chris Fairchild 231
vi. Dan Bunting 124
b. Any write in with more than 10 votes:
i. Dean Sutherland 54
ii. Howard Shaw 36
iii. Rick Sandstrom 21
iv. Mike Jones 12
4. President Wheeler accepts member proxies and votes accordingly.
5. President Wheeler acknowledges that the top four (4) vote getters will be elected to the Board of Directors. He asks that this information be distributed to all APBA members.
6. Meeting adjourned 9:05 am
"I am very happy and I am looking forward to working to get the Association moving forward," new board member David Shaw said. "I am very pleased that the members have put their faith in me to help make the Association better."