FROM THE WEST OR SOUTH: Take I-20 (from the West) to Schreveport and then take I-49 South to Alexandria - OR - (from the South) take I-10 from Lafayette North to Alexandria. At Exit 86, take U.S. 71 North in Alexandria and go across the Red River into Pineville. Pits are on the left after you cross the bridge. FROM THE MIDWEST OR EAST: From Jackson, MS, take I-20 West towards Vicksburg. West of Vicksburg, take US 65 South (Exit 171); go approx. 55 miles to LA 15. Go South on LA 15 (approx. 6 mi.) to LA 84/LA 15. Go right and continue on LA 84 to Pineville. In Pineville, take US 167 North 2 miles to US 165 South. Take 165 South to the Pits.
WINTER NATIONALS (FRI. & SAT.): 3 LAPS OF AN APPROX. 1 MILE COURSE (NOT APPROVED FOR RECORDS);
SUNDAY: 4 LAPS OF A SURVEYED 3/4 MILE COURSE - "APPROVED FOR RECORDS".
All Stock (except 45SS), Modified and J Classes will run at this event. We will also run four(4) Local classes: Novice Hydro, NBRA C Hydro, and 40 CID Mod Hydro and Runabout.
Fri., 3/20 and Sat, 3/21: All SO and MOD classes will run for WINTER NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS, Local classes (except Novice) will also run on Fri. and Sat. J, AXS, and Novice Classes will only run on Saturday and Sunday.
Sun., 3/22: All classes all categories will run for 3/4 Mile records, except Local classes which will race but not for records.
Trophies for Friday and Saturday's racing: 1st through 3rd places.
SO & MOD Winter Nationals and Fri./Sat. Races: Thursday, 3/20 - Pavillion in the Pits - 1:00-6:00 p.m. Additional Registration for the J, AXS, and Novice Classes ONLY: Saturday, 3/21, 7:00 a.m.- 7:30 a.m. Additional Registration will take place for Sunday's racing on Sunday, 3/22, 7:00 a.m - 7:30 a.m. Late (original) registration will only be accepted with a substantial monetary penalty set by the Referee. No registration may take place after the green flag has been flown for the first time for the first heat of each race.
Thursday, 3/19 - at 8:00 p.m. - Pineville Community Center.
SO, MOD, & LOCAL: $45 per class, per day. J, AXS, and Novice: $35 per class, per day. (Friday and Saturday are considered one day of racing).
Do not send.
Race Director (52437) ROBERT TROLIAN SR, 8417 E MAIN ST, ALEXANDRIA, KY
Referee (3484) EDWARD HEARN, 814 N 400 EAST, VALPARAISO, IN
Assistant Referee (393) ERNIE DAWE, 82138 TAHQUITZ AVE, INDIO, CA
Assistant Referee (4331) TONY STARON, 587 LAKE APTHORP DR, LAKE PLACID, FL
Inspector (156) THOMAS JOHNSTON, 11880 PRESTON RD, BRITTON, MI
Inspector (7282) JEFF WILLIAMS, 2342 LINCOLN WAY, FORD CITY, PA
Inspector (50589) JOHN E SNELL, 508 S 21ST ST, NEDERLAND, TX
Scorer (7509) TRACY TROLIAN, 6275 MILAN OAKVILLE RD, MILAN, MI
Risk Manager (8738) DEAN SUTHERLAND, 9405 YORK WOODS DR, SALINE, MI
1. All classes run two heats.
2. Classes may run combined with other similar classes which do not have seven (7) or more entries.
3. Local classes may be combined with similar Stock or Mod classes, but will be scored separately.
4. Park your trailer and your vehicle only upon direction from the Pit Boss. IF YOU ARRIVE EARLY AND PIT WITHOUT APPROVAL FROM THE PIT BOSS, YOU MAY BE REQUIRED TO MOVE.
5. The City of Pineville is a "dry" city. Consumption or possession of alcoholic beverages any place in the City is a violation of the law.
6. National Championships run on Friday and Saturday.
7. Three-Quarter (3/4) mile records run on Sunday.
8. J, AXS, and Novice classes will run on Saturday and Sunday only.
9. Championship Awards Ceremony will take place on Saturday at the Pineville Community Center after the conclusion of racing.
10. Informational sheet will be passed out at registration which will govern race format and course rules.
11. Racing begins no later than 8:30 a.m..
12. The Referee reserves the right to alter the course and/or schedule in order to complete the racing on time.
13. Please visit www.hydroracer.net for additional information and updates regarding this event.
14. For Championship races, we will run a two heat elimination race which will be scored as a separate race and a two heat final. Non-championship races will run one heat eliminations and one heat finals. This may be altered if conditions warrant.
15. AOF and NBRA memberships will be recognized at this event. You will be required to complete an APBA single event membership. But you will be charged the same entry fee. AOF and NBRA members must purchase a full APBA racing membership in order to be eligible for the Winternationals title or to establish an APBA record. However, this is not required simply to participate at this event or be awarded trophies.
Asst. Race Director: BRIAN TROLIAN 6275 MILAN OAKVILLE MILAN MI 48160-9002
Asst. Race Director: D. SCOTT REED 521 KENWOOD AVE DELMAR NY 12054-1821
This Regatta is sanctioned through APBA
All prizes are the responsibility of the conducting Club. APBA does not guarantee nor is it responsible for payment of prizes. You are advised that this event may be canceled prior to the race due to circumstances beyond the control of this association. If you plan to travel a long distance, it is recommended that you contact the race sponsor prior to your departure to ensure this event will take place.