2013 Travis Pond Memorial Regatta- S/M/J Southeastern Divisionals & PRO Eastern Divisionals
6/1/2013 – 6/2/2013
CAROLINA VIRGINIA RACING ASSOCIATION # 178
West Virginia Water Festival Host Committee
Hinton, WV Bluestone Lake
(From North & West): Take I-77/64 S into W. Va. to exit 40. Take I-64 E to exit 139, then south on Route 20 approx. 15 miles through Hinton to Pits Rd. on left (approx. 5 miles south from Hinton), down to pits.
(From East): Take I-64 W to exit 139, then south on Rt. 20 approx. 15 miles, take Pits Rd. on left (approx. 5 miles south from Hinton), down to pits.
(From south): Take I-77 into W. Va. to exit 14 (Athens Rd exit), take Route 20 north 21 miles to Pits Rd. on right (just past Bluestone River Bridge), down to pits.
Cabins/RV/Camping: Bluestone State Park , 304.466.2805
Lodge: Pipestem Resort Mountain View Lodge, 304.466.1800
Hotel: New Briar Lodge (NO Pets), 304.466.4399
Hotel: Sandman Motel , 304.466.1700
Hotel: Nostalgia Inn (Pipestem), 304.433.0478
3 laps per heat on an approx. ¾ mile course (not approved for records).
Lake elevation: 1,461’ above sea level. Lake depths: up to 90’ deep.
04010 125CCR04020 250CCR04030 350CCR04040 500CCR04060 1100CCR04180 175CCR04190 K PRO H04200 125CCH04210 250CCH04220 350CCH04280 175CCH04320 OSY-40005000 MODIFIED OUTBOARD05350 500CCMR05360 750CCMR05430 350CCMH05450 500CCMH05460 750CCMH06000 STOCK OUTBOARD06020 ASR06030 BSR06220 ASH06230 BSH06240 CSH06300 20SSH11000 J CLASSES11010 J CLASS R11011 J CLASS H11012 AXR11013 AXH
04010 125CCR04020 250CCR04030 350CCR04040 500CCR04060 1100CCR04180 175CCR04190 K PRO H04210 250CCH04220 350CCH04280 175CCH04320 OSY-40005000 MODIFIED OUTBOARD05350 500CCMR05360 750CCMR05430 350CCMH05450 500CCMH05460 750CCMH06000 STOCK OUTBOARD06020 ASR06220 ASH06230 BSH06240 CSH06300 20SSH11000 J CLASSES11010 J CLASS R11011 J CLASS H11012 AXR11013 AXH
Trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd places overall for Saturday’s races. Travis Pond Memorial Plaque awarded to 1st place in the class with the largest amount of Saturday’s entries.
Friday - in pits - beginning at 10 a.m.
Saturday - in pits - 7:30 a.m.- 8:30 a.m.
Sunday registration will take place on Saturday - in pits - immediately after completion of Saturday's racing
Saturday - 9 a.m. - in pits. NOTE: Driver's Meeting for Sunday's racing - in pits - immediately after completion of Saturday's racing.
$35 per class, per day (all classes)
Preregistration available by e-mail to Aimie Pond email@example.com by Wednesday May 29, 2013. By mail to Aimie Pond, 4701 Old Hundred Rd, Midlothian, Va. 23112-4819, must be received by Wednesday May 30, 2013. Entry blanks can be printed from APBA website. Bring Minor Release Forms for ALL children attending race to be signed in the presence of the Chief Scorer. Minor Release Forms can be printed from the APBA website.
Race Director (3300) CHRIS JOHNSON, 609 RITTERS LAKE ROAD, GREENSBORO, NC
Referee (8170) J DAVID AUGUSTINE SR, 323 OLD LINE AVE, LAUREL, MD
Assistant Referee (10092) JOHN A HOWARD, 114 DANFORTH PL, WILMINGTON, DE
Inspector (2406) JERRY DAVIDS SR, 106 ALBERTA DR, NEWPORT NEWS, VA
Inspector (7958) STEVE DUNN, 1237 W COX FERRY RD, CONWAY, SC
Scorer (12956) AIMIE POND, 4701 OLD HUNDRED RD, MIDLOTHIAN, VA
Scorer (72090) JOYCE GOLLEY, 106 ALBERTA DR, NEWPORT NEWS, VA
Risk Manager (8310) ABBY POND, 3529 GRANDVIEW DR, RICHMOND, VA
1. Bluestone Lake elevation: 1,421 ft., lake depth: up to 90 ft., GPS coordinates: 37.618326, -80.915508
2. Food concessions available during the day’s races.
3. Driver’s Awards Party/Dinner Saturday evening (site TBD), tickets on sale in pits throughout Saturday.
4. Absolutely NO boats on the water without signing the waiver and receiving a wrist band.
5. If weather permits, sanctioned testing will be held on Friday 12:00-6:30pm. The cost will be $20 per driver. Drivers must register for sanctioned testing by paying the $20 fee, signing the waiver, wearing a wrist band.
6. No one may enter the Restricted Hot Pit Area (marked by mesh fencing) without signing the waiver, wearing a wrist band and obeying APBA rules regarding footwear.
7. All classes with less than three boats may be combined at the Race Committee’s discretion.
8. Eastern PRO Divisionals will be run with three heats, one time only per weekend over Saturday and Sunday. PRO class schedule to be determined at Drivers Meeting.
9. Stock, Mod, and J Southeastern Divisionals will be held on Saturday. A second day of racing for these categories will be held on Sunday.
10. NO ALCOHOL IN ANY PIT AREAS!!! This is a State Park, law enforcement will be strictly enforcing.
11. No skateboards, bicycles, motor scooters or any other children’s motorized toys are allowed outside of the designated Restricted Hot Pit Area.
12. No one is allowed underneath the Lilly Bridge or within the restricted construction area, parking or otherwise.
13. No RV’s allowed in the Pit Area. All RV’s must utilize Bluestone State Park campground or local campgrounds, Shuttle service will be provided to and from Bluestone State Park campground only to the Pit Area.
14. All information in this Race Circular is subject to change if race conditions or inclement weather require it.
15. There is no ethanol-free gasoline in the area. It is advised to reference www.pure-gas.org for available ethanol-free gasoline locations.
This Regatta is sanctioned through APBA
All prizes are the responsibility of the conducting Club. APBA does not guarantee nor is it responsible for payment of prizes. You are advised that this event may be canceled prior to the race due to circumstances beyond the control of this association. If you plan to travel a long distance, it is recommended that you contact the race sponsor prior to your departure to ensure this event will take place.