What do I get?
Students will receive world class instruction as they learn from the racers themselves. How cool is that?! The OPC Driver School includes capsule certification, class room sessions and SIGNIFICANT on-the-water training in an SST 45 tunnel boat. Students have the opportunity to lease the powerboats to race in professional competition
Is it safe?
The American Power Boat Association is dedicated to providing the safest possible environment for you race boats. You will be provided with state of the art helmet, life jacket, kevlar suits, and communication equipment. In addition when on the water, you will always be in communication with a world class instructor and racer. While you are in the boat there will always be a minimum of one APBA rescue dive team on the water with you.
How much does it cost?
The cost for the driving school is $350. If you're hooked after your first try, each student has the opportunity to lease their boat and equipment for the race weekend following their drivers school for $750 (pending availability).
Your $350 driver experience includes:
- APBA Capsule Certification
- Classroom and hands-on training provided by professional and National Championship winning drivers
- 15 race course laps with radio instruction
- Professional rescue team on the water
- Registration and payment must be submitted at least 30 days prior to the event.
Want to go a step further?
- Lease a Driver School Boat and experience a weekend of racing (registration must be submitted at least 30 days prior to the event)
If you have more questions or concerns please contact OPC Driving School Coordinator Fred Miller by CLICKING HERE and providing your name, age, height and weight.