APBA Director of Operations –
Have a Need for Speed? Launch Your Career in Motorsports
The American Power Boat Association has sanctioned powerboat racing across the USA since 1903. Based in Eastpointe, Michigan, APBA offers rewarding, diverse, challenging work—and a front-row seat to the world’s most exciting motorsport.
The APBA: The American Power Boat Association is a member-driven organization with a rich history and shared love of the sport. APBA is known for the great diversity of racing (from 9-year-olds in small runabouts to solar-powered craft to giant 200-MPH Unlimited monsters). The Association runs on volunteer energy and enthusiasm.
· The Headquarters building is shared by the APBA Historical Society Museum. Just outside your office door is a beautiful display of the 115-year history of the sport
· The staff is experienced and knowledgeable; the Board of Directors and members are ready to help you get your feet wet
· The entire organization is committed to sanctioning safe, exciting races in a family-friendly sport
The Position: We’re looking for a Director of Operations with a Bachelor’s degree and/or management experience, a talent for communication, computer and people skills. The ideal candidate will be a team player—with an entrepreneurial edge.
· We offer a competitive pay range to the right person
· APBA offers health insurance, a 401K program, and paid vacation.
The Location: APBA is based in Eastpointe, Michigan, a Detroit suburb. The office is close to major freeways, just a short drive away from cultural attractions and the metro area’s vibrant nightlife. Shopping and restaurants are within walking distance.
Why Should You Apply?
· If you love sports, APBA offers a chance to do what you love—and get paid for it
· The Director of Operations is never bored; there is something new every day
· The office is relaxed and informal, and you will have the total support of staff, Board and members
· You’ll have a chance to learn new skills, and help gear up a 115-year-old organization for the 21st Century
For a complete job description, please send a letter of interest and a current resume to email@example.com.