APBA Honor Squadron: Nomination, Selection and Procedure Criteria
- Nominations reminder will be in the June, July, and August Propellers, and on the APBA website.
- Nominations may be submitted anytime between February 1st and October 1st.
- Ballots and copies of the nominations are mailed to the Honor Squadron Committee by October 15th.
- Ballots are due October 31st.
- To be a candidate for induction, the nominee must receive a vote of at least 50% of the Honor Squadron Committee members.
- A maximum of 2 nominees will be selected by the Committee for induction into the Honor Squadron, for presentation at the next APBA Annual Meeting Banquet. In case of a tie, the chairperson will resolve it with her/his vote.
CRITERIA FOR NOMINATION AND SELECTION OF CANDIDATES:
Extensive service and contributions to APBA and powerboat racing such as:
(a) major boat race promotion accomplishments (new race sites; race sponsors)
(b) major structural improvements in APBA’s organization;
(c) major contributions to APBA’s functioning through rule restructuring, driver and official recruitment, committee activities.
(d) Major technological improvement to one, or several, aspects of the sport.
(e) Exceptional long-term racing accomplishments may be considered.
The description of each contribution, exceptional service, or accomplishment must be specific.